2020 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
When shopping for a fun and versatile new SUV in Fort Pierce, the Jeep Wrangler is sure to be on the top of your list. You may be wondering, “How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow?” Depending on which configuration you choose, your 2020 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity will range from 2,000-3,500 pounds. Packed with powerful Jeep 4×4 technology and other great features, the Wrangler is ready for adventure. Find yours at Vatland CDJR!
How Much Can the Jeep Wrangler Tow?
While the 2020 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity reaches a max of 3,500 pounds, you’ll need to have the right configuration to achieve that benchmark. Here’s how to get the most towing power out of your Wrangler:
- All 2-door Jeep Wrangler models can tow up to 2,000 pounds, while all 4-door models can tow up to 3,500.
- The Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available as 4-door SUVs, meaning these trims can always tow up to 3,500 pounds through Palm Bay.
- Most of the 2019 Jeep Wrangler configurations have returned for 2020, with several new additions for this year.
The Wrangler also has several available 4×4 systems, but which one is best-suited for towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses two-wheel drive when you’re moving over a clear road, but switches to 4×4 whenever you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 is the preferred option for towing because it allows you to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. Of course, it also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures that take you over rough terrain.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
The Jeep Wrangler is a versatile superstar ready to help you have fun and get work done, thanks to several standard features and technologies. Every model comes equipped with front and rear heavy-duty tow hooks, giving you an extra hand when you need it most. For extra towing help, add on Jeep’s Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group, which includes:
- 700-Amp Maintenance-Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
- Programmable Aux Switches
Get Moving with Your Own Jeep Wrangler!
The 2020 Jeep Wrangler is ready to take you and yours on adventures through Sebastian and beyond, so test drive yours at Vatland CDJR today! We have new Jeep Wrangler lease deals to help make your new ride even more affordable, and with our online financing application, you can get started on the process from the comfort of home.
More About Jeep Model Features
The brand-new 2020 Jeep Gladiator has been one of the most heavily awaited vehicle releases here in Vero Beach, and for good reason. The new Gladiator pickup provides similar off-road capabilities and unbridled fun-factor as its automotive cousin, the Jeep Wrangler. What’s more, the Gladiator offers even more practicality. For instance, it’s towing capacity is more…
When shopping for a fun and versatile new SUV in Fort Pierce, the Jeep Wrangler is sure to be on the top of your list. You may be wondering, “How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow?” Depending on which configuration you choose, your 2020 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity will range from 2,000-3,500 pounds. Packed with powerful…
The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers Vero Beach drivers the performance they expect from a Jeep vehicle with the luxury of an SUV. And while the Jeep Cherokee interior features may make you never want to leave your car, it’s towing capacity will encourage you to go the extra mile and take the road less traveled…
Off-road capabilities are a must, but getting your Jeep dirty isn’t all there is to life—it should look great when you hose it down, too! The confidence and style of the Jeep Wrangler design, in particular, is worth showing off on Fort Pierce streets. So what colors does the 2020 Jeep Wrangler come in? With 10…
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee hauls up to 7,200 pounds towing capacity using your choice of four high-performance engines for the best power, along with a variety of interior features applauded by Fort Pierce drivers. Want to see the inventory of new Jeep Grand Cherokee for sale at Vatland CDJR? Learn more about Jeep Grand Cherokee towing…