How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
The light-duty RAM 1500 has enough towing capacity to make Fort Pierce drivers question the “light-duty” designation. The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capabilities aren’t just plentiful, they’re also technologically advanced! But how much can the RAM 1500 tow? Properly equipped, the RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds—that awards the 1500 a Best-in-Class* V8 towing rating for light trucks. Explore the RAM 1500 towing capacity and hauling specs with Vatland CDJR!
RAM 1500 Towing & Engine Specs
2020 saw the return of the efficient and powerful RAM EcoDiesel engine, which is just one of four engines to choose from when you’re considering RAM 1500 configurations. The three gas engines and one diesel all come equipped with standard TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmissions, which perform smoothly on Palm Bay streets.
Here are the RAM 1500 engine specs and towing capacities:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I
- 305 hp, 269 lb-ft of torque, and a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
- 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
- 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and a maximum towing of 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine
- 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
What’s the payload capacity of the 2020 RAM 1500? 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the RAM 1500 configuration.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
Cutting-edge technologies ensure you won’t just tow a lot in your RAM 1500 on your local worksite, you’ll also tow efficiently and safely. Whether you’ve got a camper or heavy-duty machinery behind your pickup, you’ll remain in control thanks to these features:
- Largest-in-Class Brakes*: 14.9-inch brakes ensure greater stopping power for the RAM 1500.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones. It can even automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Available Multi-Function Tailgate: This revolutionary tailgate makes loading anything into your truck bed easier. With the 60/40 split gate, there are more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Vatland CDJR in Vero Beach!
Now that you’ve read all about the RAM 1500, you can compare it to the towing power of the RAM 2500, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Chrysler Pacifica to ensure a light-duty pickup truck is truly what you’re looking for. And when you are certain that the 2020 RAM 1500 must be yours, schedule a test drive at Vatland CDJR!
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
0 comment(s) so far on How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?